- Get the facts. No need to wonder what to believe on the internet. Your certified prenatal fitness instructor can provide you with the most up-to-date guidelines for exercise during pregnancy.
- Safety first. Certified prenatal fitness instructors take specialized training and must continue their education each and every year. They know how to keep you safe while exercising.
- Learn how to choose purposeful exercises. While there are a plethora of exercises that you can do while your are pregnant, some are more purposeful than others. A certified prenatal fitness instructor designs classes with the life and body of a pregnant woman in mind.
- Learn the most comfortable exercises for pregnancy. Can pregnant women in their 3rd trimester do bent over rows? Yes? Will it be comfortable? Probably not. A certified prenatal fitness instructor will choose exercises that are the most comfortable for the different stages of pregnancy.
- Build your village! Women who attend prenatal-specific fitness programs tell us that meeting other moms-to-be in their own community is one of the aspects they love most about attending classes.
The best way to find a prenatal-specific fitness class in your community is to google 'prenatal fitness, your city'. Be sure to scroll down past the ads to see what comes up organically. You can also ask your healthcare provider for recommendations and check out your local community centre website.