1. Exercise prevents and reduces pain. The #1 complaint during pregnancy is lower back pain. Squats, lunges, and deep core exercises prevent and minimize back pain. So does stretching the back, hamstrings, glutes and quadriceps.
2. Regular cardiovascular exercise during pregnancy reduces your chances of developing gestational diabetes. While there are risk factors out of your control, eating well and exercise can have a significant impact.
3. Moving is good for the mind! Exercise reduces stress and boosts mood. That is healthy for you AND your baby.
4. Active women are more likely to gain an appropriate amount of weight during pregnancy. Weight is a taboo topic in our culture but excessive weight gain during pregnancy increases the chances of health complications during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
5. Exercise increases energy! Many pregnant women suffer from low energy throughout their pregnancies. Many find that regular exercise makes a significant difference.